Venture Grants Cycle 44
The RFP for Cycle 44 is now available! Consider applying and be part of the cycle that pushes Michigan Campus Compact over the $1 million mark of Venture Grant awards given over our 25 year history!
All Cycle 44 applications MUST be filled out electronically. Click here to submit your Cycle 44 Venture Grant Application.
Many constituents request the application questions before they log into the online application process. Click here for the questions that are asked electronically. This is informational only. Do NOT submit.
Dates to remember
Proposals due: April 3, 2015 Cycle Begins: September 1, 2015
Notification of Awards: May, 2015 Cycle Closes: August 31, 2016
Funds Allocated: August, 2015 Final Reports Due: September 30, 2016
Goals of the MiCC Venture Grant Projects
1. To foster the habit of lifelong involvement in service and/or civic engagement.
2. To encourage innovative models for replication at other colleges and universities.
3. To contribute to further developing the institution's community service and/or service-learning program and/or civic learning efforts
- Michigan Campus Compact's Ventures are financial awards of up to $3,500.
- Individuals or groups from MiCC member campuses who wish to develop or expand community service programs, service-learning opportunities, and/or civic learning activities may apply.
- Community service includes volunteer activities/projects which meet the needs of the community.
- Service-learning integrates within the academic curriculum a thoughtfully organized service experience and provides structured opportunities for students to think, talk, or write about their service participation (reflection).
- Civic learning includes engaging students in a public purpose, social action, advocacy, community-based research, citizenship and/or renewing the civic mission of higher education.
- Projects must demonstrate the potential for an increase in the overall number of college students involved in public and community service work within the priority areas for the grant year.
- Projects must also utilize college or university resources, through cash and/or in-kind match.
- The intent is to fund projects that engage previously unengaged faculty, staff and/or students.
- Expansion funding may be considered for existing projects that, in order to move them to the next level (i.e. new population or partnership), require additional funding.
Who may apply?
Registered student organizations, individual students in good standing, faculty and administrators of MiCC member institutions are eligible to submit project proposals. Collaborations between groups on campus are encouraged. Student projects must be submitted jointly by the student/student organization and a faculty/staff/administrative advisor.
Samples to assist in proposal writing
Venture Grant Brief Project Description
Venture Grant Budget
Venture Grant Budget Narrative
For questions regarding Michigan Campus Compact's Venture Grants, please email Shelley Long, Network Coordinator or call her at 517-492-2432.
Michigan Campus Compact awarded nine recipients with Venture Grants for Cycle 43. Click here for information about the awardees.
The grant period for this cycle is September 1, 2014 - August 31, 2015.